Flotation cell is one of the main equipment used in mineral processing plant for separation. In actual production, the flotation cell will encounter various problems from time to time. For example, the cover plate or stator screw falling off, the groove bottom is worn, the groove bottom guard plate is pried, the impeller cover plate is worn or corroded, and the scraper mechanism is not flexible, bearing clearance becomes large, etc. These failures not only affect the normal operation of the flotation cell, reduce the life of the flotation cell components and flotation efficiency, but also intensify the consumption of parts and materials of the flotation cell, increase the maintenance work intensity.
Now, we will take you through the common failures of flotation cells in daily applications and give you the corresponding solutions.
During the operation of the flotation cell, its rotating impact and vibration will cause the flotation cell cover or stator screws to fall off, which will affect the normal operation of the flotation cell.
1.check whether the bolts of each part are tight before starting the flotation cell;
2.check whether the bolts of each part of the machine body are tightened at any time in the process of daily maintenance, and if the damage is found, it should be replaced in time.
In the long-term operation state, due to the strong rotation of the flotation cell's ore slurry in the flotation tank, the lower tank body of the flotation cell is severely worn and gradually thinned, resulting in wear and deformation of the surrounding guard plates. Besides, under the action of the flotation reagent, the thinned tank will accelerate corrosion, which will affect the normal operation of the flotation cell.
1. When the flotation cell body is damaged, repair the flotation cell body in time;
2. If the damage is severe, replace the entire tank in time.
The bottom guard plate of the flotation cell is mainly used for protection. In daily operation, when the impeller of the flotation cell is rotating at a high speed, the slurry will accelerate the circulation in the flotation cell tank. In severe cases, the motor will be overloaded, which will cause the bottom guard plate of the flotation cell to be pried up, affecting the normal work of the flotation cell and even causing accidents in the plant.
1. When the flotation cell is started, the operator of the flotation cell needs to adjust the pneumatic valve of the flotation cell to an appropriate position to ensure that the flotation cell is in normal operation;
2. If the flotation cell tank bottom guard plate is pried up, it should be stopped in time for repair.
As the main and wearing parts of the flotation cell, the impeller and cover plate are directly related to the degree of slurry inflation and agitation in the flotation process. The long operation of the flotation cell will cause different degrees of wear and corrosion on the impeller and cover plate, which will result in a larger gap between the impeller and the cover plate and a reduction in air absorption, thereby affecting the flotation efficiency.
1. Maintain and repair the impeller and cover plate of the flotation cell regularly. If necessary, the impeller or cover plate should be replaced in time;
2. After replacement, adjust the axial gap between the impeller and the cover plate with an adjusting shim to ensure that the axial gap is within the required range;
3. Maintain the coaxiality of the impeller and cover plate.
The scraper mechanism of the flotation cell is located on both sides of the upper part of the flotation cell tank to scrape the concentrate froth. It is one of the main components of the flotation cell. Long-term operation of the flotation cell can cause inflexibility of the flotation cell scraper, which can lead to shaft breakage, increasing machine temperature, motor deceleration or oil leakage and other problems, affecting flotation efficiency.
1. Check the parts of the scraper mechanism (bearings, couplings, etc.) to ensure that there is no damage before installing the flotation cell;
2. Add adjusting shims between the scraper bearing seat and the tank if the scraper shaft is found to be inflexible after installation;
3. Replace the scraper in time if it is broken. Do not continue to use it after welding, otherwise, other parts are easily damaged.
When the main bearing of the flotation cell runs at high speed, the bearing clearance will increase due to wear, corrosion and other reasons, resulting in oil leakage or even damage.
1. When the bearing clearance becomes larger, the clearance can be adjusted by adjusting the compression degree of the inner and outer gaskets of the bearing.
2. If oil leakage occurs, replace the oil seal in time and add lubricating oil to avoid bearing wear or even cracking
Note: It is not recommended to press too tightly when installing the oil seal to avoid damage to the oil seal.
The above are the common failures and solutions of flotation cells. In actual production, the flotation plant should strengthen the flotation cell maintenance, maintenance awareness. Flotation cell operators are required to master the working principle of the flotation cell，maintenance characteristics and reasonable maintenance methods to extend the service life of the flotation cell. In addition, it is recommended to buy flotation cells from professional flotation cell manufacturers to ensure the quality of equipment and avoid mechanical failure of flotation cells as much as possible.